Laptop Battery Availability & Price LookUp
We Carry Laptop Batteries For These Brands
Laptop Battery Replacement Process
It is strongly recommended that you bring your laptop and, preferrably, your old battery and laptop AC adapter. This enables us to do a 2-minute check to verify that you actually need your battery to be replaced.
Built-In Installable Batteries
We have 90% of all popular installable batteries in stock.
For the 10% we do not have:
1. You can order your installable battery from an online source.
2. Bring in your laptop along with your new battery.
3. We'll install it for $29.95 within 1 hour.
Laptop Batteries Price Comparison
Advantages of buying a a Laptop Battery from TechKnow Space:
- You get the right battery
- Find your battery by laptop model with our online inventory lookup
- Bring your laptop - we will provide the correct matching battery
- Up to 50% less than the other leading retailers
- The Source - $79-$179
- Future Shop - $89-$219
- Best Buy - $89-$219
- MyTech - $99+
- Tiger Direct - $89+
- 1 Year In-Store Replacement Warranty
Laptop Battery Returns
All batteries exchanged/returned will incur a 20% replacement restocking fee.
Buying retail beats ordering online! Why?
These are replacement batteries that exactly match your laptop requirements. To guarantee that you walk away with a battery solution, please bring your laptop so we can give you the exact matching battery.
All batteries exchanged/returned will incur a 20% replacement restocking fee if battery is purchased without bringing in the Laptop.
All our Batteries carry a 1 Year Warranty.
Original receipt must be present.
Warranty excludes failure due to damage, misuse or wear.
Why buying retail beats an online/eCommerce purchase...hands-down!
Avoid the Pain of Online Purchase :
- You don't need to research the exact battery model your laptop needs.
- You don't need to pay up-front and online with credit cards.
- No waiting for delivery from an online supplier.
- You don't need to ensure you are available to receive the battery when the courier comes to deliver it.
- No stress when you discover the battery does not work because:
- You ordered the wrong battery.
- The supplier shipped the wrong battery.
- you ordered the right battery, and the supplier shipped the right battery, but unfortunately your laptop has some other problem in addition to the battery, or instead of the battery, and ...
- No stress when you discover that you did not need the battery at all, because:
- the problem was not with the battery but with your charger.
- the problem was not with the battery but with the charging port inside your laptop that is used for connecting your charger
- the problem was not with your battery but with your charging circuits in the laptop itself.
- No stress about needing to ship the battery back.
- No stress about getting a refund.
- No paying for courier/post office delivery charges.
- No pursuing supplier or insurance when the battery is not delivered.
- No pursuing the vendor if the battery croaks within the warranty period.
Embrace the Comfort of In-Store Purchase :
- Walk into the store with your laptop, and eliminate the risks and guesswork associated in buying a replacement laptop battery
- Make sure your laptop smiles back at you when we put in a new battery.
- If your laptop does not smile, it has other issues (charger, charging port, or charging circuits) and you will be informed accordingly. The friendly folks at The TechKnow Space will provide you with solutions to all these problems.
- When your laptop begins a happy boot up dance into Windows, look us in the eye, thank us, and pay for the solution with cash/debit/credit...then watch us smile to the happy ringing of our cash register!
- Know where to find us via phone, email, or a physical location should you need any follow-up help. No need for long and painful emails...we will always be there for you!
Net Cost :
- An additional $10 to $20, over an eCommerce solution.
- A drive down to one of our convenient locations in the GTA, open 7 days a week.
Net Benefits :
Tags: Macbook Air replacement battery toronto, Macbook Air replacement battery mississauga. Macbook Pro batteries toronto, Macbook pro batteries mississauga.
Buying A Replacement Laptop Battery
Finding a replacement battery can be a time consuming ordeal, especially when you try to buy your battery online. Online battery stores are usually cheaper, but you run the risk of purchasing the incorrect battery model that does not meet your laptop power specifications. This can result in a painful return/refund chain of events at best, wasted time and money if the online vendor does not respond, or even worse, buying a battery that you did not need to begin with. (see below)
Another option would be to buy a replacement battery directly from your laptop manufacturer. But this can deliver a painful punch to your wallet :(
....Welcome to The TechKnow Space :) conveniently located near the Rogers Center in downtown Toronto.Correctly Identifying the Problem:
By bringing in not only your old battery
, but your laptop
as well, you can eliminate the risks and guesswork associated in buying a replacement laptop battery.
We test your power adapter to confirm that it's working properly, and is not the source of the problem (i.e. your battery not charging).
Often times we discover it's not your battery that needs changing but the connector in your laptop (or power jack) that your power adapter connects to. If the power jack malfunctions, the battery cannot receive the power to charge. We will identify this problem and offer our on-the-spot repair services that will replace the power jack.
Knowing that your power adapter and the power jack are fine, we then check your laptop for the correct power specifications, install the new battery, and power it on.
Bingo... you have purchased a power solution instead of a battery.
If however, your laptop's power system still has issues, it could be your power circuits on the main board that have been damaged. This would require you to leave your laptop for further diagnostics.
Bottom line, when your laptop beams, and we see a smile on your face, we let the cash registers ring and join in the smiling.
-- Buying Parts vs Buying a Solution--
Common Laptop Battery Questions:
Your laptop is an incredible device, but it needs power to run. You can run your laptop connected by a charger to a wall socket, or you can charge your battery and then use your laptop untethered - as a mobile device when traveling or when unable to access a power socket.
New laptops come with batteries that when fully charged typically allow your laptop to work for between 2 and 4 hours. Depending on usage patterns, over 2 to 3 years, as the battery is frequently charged, the power of a fully charged battery dissipates, until it just turns into a heavy paper weight and provides no power.
Time for a new battery.
- Can I specifically calculate my battery run time?
You can determine your laptops run time when you know how many watts your laptop computer uses and the total power capacity your notebook battery has. Here is how you can calculate this yourself. Battery capacity can also be measured in Watt-Hours. Watt-Hours are calculated by multiplying Volts x Milliamperes. Here is an example:14.8 Volts X 4060mAh (4060mAh is equal to 4.06 Amperes). Is also equivalent to: 14.8 x 4.06 = 60.09 Watt-Hours. Watt-Hours measure the energy which powers one watt for one hour. If your laptop runs at 20 watts, your run time will be: 3.004 hours (60.09 Watt-Hours / 20.0 watts Laptop PC power use).
- How long will my laptop battery run?
Average run time is 1 1/2 hours to 3 1/2 hours depending on what applications you are running. Functions that require more power will deplete your laptop battery faster. Viewing a DVD or using your CD player to play and record music are power intensive functions and will consume power at a faster rate. Also different notebooks use more power than others. Most laptops have a power management control panel where power use can be reduced while on battery power, such as reducing the brightness of your LCD screen. External batteries can also be purchased to provided extended power.
- Will a higher milliamp (mAh) rating on my battery damage my laptop?
No. Higher mAh ratings indicate that your battery will last longer. Although the milliamps may be higher, the voltage will always remain the same. If you have received a laptop battery that has a completely different voltage than your original laptop battery, please contact us immediately.
- How can I extend my laptop battery run time?
Your new laptop battery will have an average run time of 1 1/2 hours to 3 1/2 hours depending on what applications you are running. Functions that require more power will deplete your battery faster. You can extend your battery run time by minimizing the main power draws on your battery - the LCD brightness levels and the use of your CD or DVD drive. Also some notebooks simply use more power than others.You can prolong your laptop battery life by adjusting the power management selections within your operating system software. If you are a Windows user, you can go to the control Panel and select power options. In this area you can choose when & how you can maximize your laptop battery settings
- What is the difference between NiCad, NiMH and Lithium-ion laptop batteries?
Batteries in laptops, camcorder and cell phones are typically made using one of three battery chemistries: Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd), Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) or Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) battery cell chemistry.
- How to check laptop battery life.
You can check your computer's remaining battery life by clicking your battery icon or accessing the "Power Options" section within your computer's control panel. Your laptop battery life depends on the power capacity of your laptop battery and the amount of energy your computer draws.
- How can I minimize the power my laptop uses?
Your laptop battery life depends on the power capacity of your laptop battery and the amount of energy your computer draws. You can maximize your laptop battery life by changing the amount of power your computer draws while in battery mode. If you are a Windows user, within your Control Panel section you will find Power Options. In this section you can change power use and low power alerts. Windows Vista users will be able to lower the brightness of the LCD panel and extend the battery life considerably. You can also extend your battery life between charges by minimizing the use of your CD and DVD drive operation.
- Why does my laptop battery lose power over time?
Over time, laptop batteries lose their ability to hold a charge. This is a normal occurrence and is common to all rechargeable laptop batteries. Most notebook batteries today are made with advanced materials that hold their charge much longer than earlier technologies used just a few years ago. Even so, the life of a laptop battery today will be approximately 500 recharges. For most users, 2- 3 years is a typical life expectancy of a laptop battery.
- Is it normal for a battery to produce heat while it is being used and while charging?
It is normal for notebook batteries to produce heat when they are being charged and also when you are running on battery power. As energy is transfered within your battery cells, heat is a natural byproduct.